Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Long lost photos

Hello again.

Well, I came across some really old photos that I wanted to share with everyone. Two summers ago some friends from Oberlin got me interested in triathlons. I met these guys while they were at Furman doing research with the River Basin Research Initiative which, among other things, was designed to teach young students how to stand in water waste-high and shock the hell out of fish in the name of science. But, I digress.

In the middle of the summer, we got two teams together and went north for our first triathlon. Some of the pictures that I have are posted below!


The tri was on a saturday morning. So, we got a hotel the night before. Here we are leaving from the hotel and heading to the race course. On the left is Patrick. To his right is Robin. To her right is Mike's bike and finally (barely visible) is Mike. This picture was taken ~ 5am.


Since I had the only SUV of anyone on either team, I was nominated to drive the equipment. From this day foreward, my car has been known as team van. I was responsible for transporting both the bikes. Mine is the lime green one and Mike's is the powder blue one.


Here is the transition area where all the bikes are stored. Some of these bikes are really expensive.


Not sure why I have a single of Mike. But, there it is. Check out that getup!


Well, when all was said and done, we kicked some ass. This is us just before receiving our awards. You can see the back of Mike on the very right. Diana is just to his left.

All in all, it was a great day.

Also, I couldn't resist posting this one from the archives:


Talk to everyone soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that triathlon was a ton of fun.. numbers on our arms and legs like we had escaped from prison, michael and robin requesting two beds in the hotel room, pasta for dinner, robin's cookie monster floatie, and clearly, winning... we should do that again sometime.