Saturday, January 15, 2005

New Years Resolution

Well, well, well. I made a promise to a coworker that I would blog more in 2k5. She made me call it a resolution. So, only 13 days into the year, I am making good on the promise.

Tonight we had a great CS party. The reason for the party, as if one were needed, was simple: celebrate the fact that quals are over. For some of my friends, this week was hell as they took the exam that will pass them into PhD student status. To be fair, quals are not the end all of the transition, but they are important. I am sure that everyone did well because everyone here is incredibly smart.

Throughout the night, alcohol was consumed. As usual, some great things were said. Tuba kept a running count of what was said and what was "bloggable." Choice quotes should appear soon in the UVACS bulletin board. This board can be found at http://uvacs.proboards34.com. Check it out, its quite funny.

Abi, I hope that this entry gives you hope that 2k5 may finally be the year of Will's Blog. At the very least, I hope this shows that I am trying!

No comments: