Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Dave Matthews Band

Well, here's the deal.

The last time that the Dave Matthews Band released an album, I was really excited. The Busted Stuff album was going to be the first DMB album that I bought. I wanted to buy it because, well, you know, I like a good bandwagon. In all seriousness, my roommate had downloaded some of the Lily White Sessions and I really enjoyed them. I heard that Busted Stuff was going to be based upon that material. So, I was excited. As it turned out, they are very different. And, with the exception of Gray Street, I did not particularly enjoy the Busted Stuff album.

But, like the sucker I am, I have heard that the new album is really good. EW actually gave it an A- (but, who really cares what the critics have to say -- its all about what you enjoy!). So, I am going to give it a shot. I figure that with the $15 gift card that we won at the trivia contest, it won't be a huge loss if I don't enjoy it.

Also coming soon on the musical docket is Jason Mraz's second mainstream release. It is expected in late July and I am really pumped about it. I loved the Waiting for my Rocket to Come album. I can listen to that every day and never get sick of it. I like Jason Mraz even more after my trip (with my best friend) to a county fair to hear him.

I guess the bottom line (or middle C, if you are reading Treble cleff) is this: its going to be a big summer for me and CDs!

In other news, after correcting all blog entries with the incorrect spelling of Lord Hardwicke's I managed to drop significantly in the Google rankings. However, I have struggled back with the help of a recrawl by the Google spider. A search for "Lord Hardwicke's Charlottesville" will send you to the Real Waste of Time on the second page of results.

I figure that the more times I can say Lord Hardwicke's on this page legitimately, the higher my ranking will go. Lord Ha... okay, that's enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was really enlightening.
I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this article together.
I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both
reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth it!


Stop by my web-site: http://Part66Bass.tumblr.com/