Saturday, May 07, 2005

Waiting for dinner

Good afternoon.

I am just sitting here waiting to head out to dinner. Its Lord Hardwicke's time (as I mentioned in a previous post). I decided to take today easy. Only 1/2 of a workout. I will do the remainder of what was supposed to be done today on Sunday then do Sunday's workout on Monday.

As I mentioned earlier, I am getting very nervous about the race. It would really be incredibly sucky if I didn't finish after training for all this time. I'm still trying to psyche myself up mentally. I am really starting to think that is the key.

I made it to Java Java earlier today. Without any planning at all I was joined by Julie and Nolan. That was quite nice because I was feeling kinda lonely.

While at the coffee shop I asked a guy about his headphones. He told me that they were from Shure and were incredible. Having worked as a professional audio technician (way back in my high school days), I can certainly believe that. Our company swore by any Shure product. This was not the first guy that I have asked about his headphones. But, every time I ask, the answer is the same: They're Shure and they're great. So, perhaps it is about time for me to pick up a pair.

In other news, my parents brought my tax refunds. Once those babies get deposited, the Mac Mini will be ordered. Once the Mini is running instead of this clunker desktop, I hope to have my energy bills reduced. That would sure (not SHURE!) be nice!

Hopefully I will see everyone tonight at Orbitz!

No comments: