Saturday, May 14, 2005

Further Friday Facts

Alliteration!

Well, what can I say? Friday is over. Today was quite interesting and definitely revolved around food. For lunch the gang went to Panera. I actually tried something a little different -- I had the bean chili soup instead of the chicken noodle. I am such a rebel.

Later in the afternoon, the CS department had a cookout on the steps of our office. I just love the smell of a grill when burgers and hot dogs are being served up. Its definitely a smell that I associate with summer and we all know how summer is my favorite season!

Wasting no time, we all departed for a Happy Hour at Milan. Surprisingly enough, I found out the best way to limit your intake at such great restuarants: order off the kid's menu. It was the perfect portion and included french fries, which I had been craving. The only downside was that the waiter brought the dish and gazed at everyone at the table trying to figure out where we hid the child. Obviously, the kid-at-heart cannot be recognized by a waiter.

There was one event today that did not revolve around food -- our research group meeting. While there, we got some interesting news. I am not sure exactly how much I am allowed to say, so if you want to hear a good story, just ask me in person (one to one email is also acceptable). I think this story is worth it!

8 days and counting -- I am getting awfully nervous.

No comments: