Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Good Weekend

Just giving you an update on the past weekend. It was a bit great.

On Friday night I decided that after dinner I would workout. So, between the hours of 1am and 5am I was on the bike. I went to sleep by 6am and was up at 8am.

By 8:15 I was on the road towards Culpeper. From Culpeper, our next destination was Dulles. Amanda's parents and I were hoping to get there in time to see Amanda fly overhead before landing. Well, we just barely made it. It was great to see her touch down and know that she was safe.

After we got her we went to lunch. It was quite good. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it now. That's disappointing.

Once I got back to Charlottesville, I got to take a nice nap. Saturday concluded with some Starbucks and the Harris Teeter and then some work. Sunday, of course, was Java Java. Post coffee consumption (and hilarious chatter with Dan, Nolan and Julie about compilers), Amanda joined me for a workout. My new shoes were a bit of a disappointment, but I will give them one more try. For that amount, they better be like running on air!

By the time we got home and showered, I started to get a bit sick. I was light-headed and hadn't eaten enough for the amount that I worked out. So, we made a quick getaway to food. I really wanted the Ruby Tuesday but it closes at 10pm on Sunday. Bummer. But, good news, Subway was still open for business. Let me just say that the green peppers were radiant!

Well, that was the weekend.

I can't sign off without mentioning Monday. We had a great lunch with a whole host of people (including AMANDA!). It was the Humper, Spiegel, Julie, Dan, Nolan, Cliff and me! We got to watch about an hour of the world juggling championships on "The Deuce" -- how do those guys know that juggling can be so intriguing?

Hopefully Tuesday will be just as fun. Although, its not looking hopeful! ;-)

No comments: