Thursday, April 21, 2005

Up to the minute

Good evening.

Tonight I'm reporting live from the "hot, but not quite as hot zone." With the window open, and the incandescent bulbs turned off (or moved away), the temperature has decreased significantly. I will have to decide tomorrow if we will actually turn on the AC. (Note: I am using the royal "we". My next post may, or may not, include a third person reference to myself. You'll have to check back and see!)

I read a report today by ESPN/ABC claiming that 1/3 of the people with Tivos do not actually skip the ads while watching recorded programs. While that is surprising, I will report that I do not skip the commercials. I think that subconsciously I enjoy that "break" from concentrating on the content of the show. While most would argue that tv is a mind-numbing activity, there is no way that you can get the same enjoyment from, say, a comedy if you are not actively paying attention to the jokes. So, the bottom line is this: I'm a good consumer -- I don't skip commercials.

Do you have Tivo? Do you skip the ads? Why or why not?

Finally, I will report on my new Nationals hat. Simply, its great. I chose the faded navy blue with the white, script w outlined in red. The bill is preformed. I enjoy this style since it can be worn immediately without the messy break-in time of the standard fitted baseball hat. With my hat comes another win for the Nationals. I am hoping to get tickets to a game soon. If anyone is interested in going with me, please let me know. I think it'll be a great summer time outing.

See you Thursday!

No comments: