Saturday, April 30, 2005

Updates to the Blog

Good afternoon.

A concerned reader of this blog has brought it to my attention that Lord Hardwicke's is spelled with an 'e'. I would like to post his email in full so that all readers have an idea of the type of constructive criticism that we get here on a regular basis:

"Young Mr. Hawkins seems to believe that he has some ultimate restaurant
review power because his blog is the first hit when googling for "Lord
Hardwick's". I googled for "Lord Hardwicke's" myself, and got an entirely
different set of results--among them this Cav Daily review:
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/CVArticle.asp?ID=14289&pid=941--but that's
only because I spelled it correctly. Among those who can't spell, Will
does have the ultimate power! Also, I've now learned that through poor
spelling I can locate Will's blog."

I should note that I don't think I gloated about my position as the top ranked web page for the search "Lord Hardwick's". I simply found it amusing. To make people happy, I have corrected all past posts to correct the spelling.

Thanks for helping make this blog the best it can be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy, here's another concerned reader, who probably wouldn't have been able to find your blog if it wasn't for the conversation about Googling for "Lord Hardwick[e]'s".

Anyway, if you're in a blog-improvement mood, I was wondering if there was any reason why you didn't have the atom-feed/syndication option turned on. It lets lazy people like me who don't want to come over to Blogger to see if anybody's updated find out when you make a new post.

After all, publish-subscribe is totally replacing client-server, right? Well, OK, probably not, but that's what the buzzword people will have you believe, and in the case of blogs, they may be on to something...

Anyway, here's to blogging and other "real wastes of time." :-)

Videos by Professor Howdy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.