Friday, April 29, 2005

We've hit that sweet spot

I must say, a rather inocuous post about Harris Teeter has lit up this little blog. Of all (and by "all" I mean "three") the comments, "PequalsNP" certainly had the most disturbing comments. Simply put, he/she will eat absolutely any part of the cow as long as it is cheap. I enjoy being frugal as much as the next guy, but when it comes to parts of the cow, I don't mind paying that extra buck. Having said that, I don't eat red meat but two or three times a year.

I am slowly but surely breaking in my new running shoes. Given the price, each run should include a happy ending. If you don't know what that means, you should watch more Chapelle Show. Seriously, the second run with them was must better than my first. They keep me from running towards the outside of my foot. This shift towards running more balanced will eventually help, but in the short term it is a bit awkward.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day. By the numbers, I expect it to go something like this:
2: Events I will attend where free food is available.
2: Meals "out" with some greats of the CS department.
1: Hours of swimming lessons.
2: Hours of meeting time with the NESTers.
6: Teams in the annual ACM Computer Science trivia contest.
4: Members of our team in the aforementioned contest.
1: Winners in the contest.
0: Probability that said winner will be us!
1: Probability that hysteria will ensue.

Hope to see everyone around!

No comments: