Tuesday, April 19, 2005

More AIM Insanity

Good day.

As it turns out, at least one person found my question about AIM away messages and personalities interesting. This person wrote a comment in response to my previous AIM post. I would agree with all the points made therein. I think that away messages are for the person writing them, not those reading. In other words, writing an away message can be a way to vent. It can also serve as a todo list for the day or an easy way to plan events and meetings while not at the computer.

I remember as a Freshman in college writing away messages telling people I was down the hall or taking a pee. Apparently I found it incredibly important to keep my friends/colleagues informed as to my location in the event that I was needed. I would definitely attribute this to an inflated feeling of self-importance that I felt during my freshman year in college. *That* is definitely the subject of another post.

In other news from the day, Lance Armstrong plans to retire after this year's Tour. I think its great that he is retiring to spend time with his Children. Hopefully he is medically well enough to have children with Sheryl. As a retiree he says that he will spend more time promoting cancer research.
Finally, in upsetting sports news, the Nationals have lost the first home game of the season. This breaks up the 5 game winning streak. Hopefully the Nats can get back on the horse and starting winning again. I think that with Screech on their side, nothing can stop them from winning the division!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, is this going to be one of those "super size me" experiments where you give up IM for 30 days and report on its effects on your life?

Next you could try being Muslim for a month. . .

;)