Sunday, June 05, 2005

Back in USA

We have arrived safely back in the USA. I have been awake for over 24 hours now and must say that I am a little tired. The flight back from Warsaw to Chicago was 3 hours delayed. Once we got into Chicago, or connector to Cincinnati had long since left. We were booked into a United Airlines flight that would have departed at 9:15.

Attempting to check into the UA flight, however, was no laughing matter. We had to line up and enter a trough-like staging area. Patiently we waited as the three ticket agents worked through the line. Mom and I were the next ones in line when one of the three ticket agents looked at us and said, "The union's not paying me anymore." After this, he walked off. Within 20ft a pretty, female air traveller flagged him down for help. He stopped to help her, but refused to help him since the union didn't make it worth his while. So, I yelled after him, "I thought you were off?" No response. Probably for the better.

After being delayed in Chicago on board the aircraft, we finally left around 10:15pm (Central Time). We arrrived in Cincinnati at 12:38. Dad was there and was quite perky for such a late hour. We made our way to the Perkins and everything is good. I had the Everything Omelette, Banana Nut Muffin and Hash Browns. Wow, Perkins beats IHOP at WaHo any day of the week!

In other news, I received a notice from Apple that I was part of a voluntary battery recall for the 12'' iBook. I was pretty excited since my battery doesn't quite fit within the battery well. It sticks out and looks fragile. Looks are deceiving, apparently, since the battery has never been a probably. Nevertheless, a new, free battery is a new, free battery. I was disappointed to find that I didn't end up qualifying for the refund. My serial number does not quite match. I guess its good in that my laptop won't catch fire and explode. However, I am a little upset that I won't be getting a new battery for free!

No comments: