Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Study Crazy

Hey.

I am in DC attempting to solicit responses for my study. I knew that this was going to be difficult. But, I have run into much resistance from participants than I expected.

It appears that most people are "too busy" to participate.

One guy was sitting in a Starbucks and told me that he was a Day Trader. Was I supposed to be impressed with how busy he was? Or was I supposed to be impressed because he was going to make lots of money? I was impressed by neither. As a matter of fact, I determined he was an idiot. Anyone who relies on WiFi at a Starbucks for second-by-second buy and sell decisions is a moron. Hopefully he doesn't have a family to support because a glitch in the WiFi could cause him serious problems. What's more, I can imagine that the Starbucks staff would not be too likely to provide technical support. Latte anyone?

Update: The day was long and mostly unproductive. I had one insight, however. I often hear people complain about those Presidential approval polls. These moaners complain that the surveys can't possibly be representative since they are never personally contacted for their opinion. Today I approached people all day trying to get their opinion. However, there were very few takers. They were too busy to answer. They can't be bothered with a few questions.

So, they whine about not being asked and then they whine about being asked! You can't have it both ways people. Wise up.

No comments: