Thursday, June 16, 2005

Internet Memory Lane

Well, folks, the Internet has done it again. The wayback machine has made it possible for me to easily lookup the past contents of my personal webpages.

I originally started to peruse the archive to find the "Email Loser". However, no such luck. (Don't worry, I will eventually find it!)

But, during my search I did come across a few of my "rants". I wrote four rants during my freshman year at Furman. I thought they were hysterical at the time. People didn't really rally around them like I hoped. But, that's their loss!

And now, I present you with my favorite of the rants: Girls Asking Guys.

I have found that the most ridiculous thing ever created in this universe are dances where the girls get to ask the guys. Some may say, "Great, this is a perfect way for the girls to show that they are an independent gender!" On that note, I heartily agree! Unfortunately, ladies asking is where the feminine initiative ends. The remainder of the neverending evening is the responsibility of the guy, despite the fact that I find her loathsome. Oh wait, that got personal. Anyways, the point remains. Since when do I get the pleasure of being asked by a girl that I may -- or may not -- want to go with and then also have the honor of paying for the dinner and driving her around like I am Morgan Freeman in Driving Miss Daisy? Here's what I propose: Either the girl pays for the date and makes the arrangements, or the guy gets to choose who he wants to make miserable for an entire evening (again, my case only).


Please note that this version differs slightly from the original. Edits were made to correct embarassing uses of slang that no longer sound as cool as they did five years ago!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) I demand the orginal edit! Slang and all.

2) Exactly how soon after a Girl-asks-guy dance was this posted? Did she contribute to the email loser section of the site?