Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Long Day

I have to tell you, travelling is quite a long process. I had a flight tonight back from Cincinnati to Charlottesville. To no one's surprise, it was delayed. The plane was supposed to depart at 11pm. It finally departed from Cincinnati at 12:30am.

My ride back from the airport, Dan, noted some mysterious behavior on the Delta website. When he entered my flight information to check the status, there was a note saying that the departure time was 11:00pm. Then, there was an actual (estimated) time of departure showing, at the time, 12:00am. Finally, under "status", the flight was listed as "on schedule." This really made us both wonder what definition of "schedule" was actually being employed at Delta?

I would like to make this a longer post, but my eyes are having trouble focusing. Before I sign off, I would like to send out congratulations to Spiegel. He recently had a paper accepted to a very prestigious conference and will be making a trip to Disney World to present his work! Great job!

More tomorrow, hopefully!

No comments: