Thursday, June 02, 2005

Will, The Polish Pimp

Today was an interesting day. We saw the Cathedral where Pope John Paul II was the Bishop and then Cardinal. There were no pictures allowed inside the Cathedral itself. That did not seem to stop people from taking photos. I followed the rules for a number of reasons. I will let you imagine what those reasons were.

We got to see DaVinci's second most famous painting. Of course, the first is the Mona Lisa. But, The Lady with the Ermine is the second most famous. It turns out that historians think the Ermine is really a weasel. If you see the painting, you would agree that its a weasel. I gotta tell you, I don't understand art. I was excited to see it just because its famous. However, I can't see how it ever became famous. I am going to do a self portrait of me holding a field mouse and we'll see how famous that becomes. Yes, I know, I am completely uncultured. Maybe Dan or Nolan can tell me why these things are important since they are more cultured in the arts.

We spent most of the aternoon shopping for things. The market was nice. There were lots of original Polish items. So, we scooped up as many as possible. I didn't buy anything for myself, but nice silver things were purchased. Also, I bought a carved wooden Santa for a gift. I really wanted to buy a carved wooden monk, but I couldn't find one that I like. Before you judge me on that last sentence, you should really see the faces that are carved into these little guys. They are hysterical.

And, as for the title of this post, you'll just have to look at the pictures. If you can't stand the wait, skip to the second page to see the Polish Pimp in action.

Day 6

Tomorrow it is off to the Salt Mines and then back to Warsaw. On Saturday we start our trip back home. Let me tell you: I am very much looking forward to Perkins on Saturday night. An Omelette, a muffin and some AMERICAN coffee are sounding really good!

1 comment:

Mudfud said...

Hey--are you planning on staying in Cincy any? I know dave will be out of town until tuesday and I've got friends from boston staying till wed. morning, but we'd love to see you!

--Martine