Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Be Cool

Tonight I was able to finally see "Be Cool".

When the movie first came out, I couldn't wait to see it in the theatre. It had been forever since I saw a movie in the theatre, and was quite excited about this film. However, its time on the big screen came and went too quickly. I missed out.

Last week the movie came out on DVD and I realized that it was time to strike, while the iron was hot. I put aside my intense dislike for Blockbuster and rented it. I will spare you a review, but suffice it to say this: EXCELLENT.

I was most interested in seeing the movie because I am a huge Vince Vaughn fan. I will see that he did not disappoint, however he was not the standout performance. That standout performance was turned in by Andre Benjamin. You pop culture fans may know him better as Andre 3000 of Outkast fame. Amanda also tells me that he is a vegetarian.

Anyways, he is absolutely hysterical. No line's comedic value was wasted. His performance was reason enough to rent this movie.

As many of you may know, I love to quote movies. Vince Vaughn's characters are usually quotable, in any movie. For instance, "Vegas, Baby" and "You're so money and you don't even know it" from Swingers. Or, try, "I, for one, will congratulate each and every one of them -- Hi, purple bikini" from Dodgeball. This one is no exception. I will leave you with the single greatest quote from the movie:
"I got the style that makes the ladies smile."

Rent it! You'll laugh.

No comments: