Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sunday

Well, it would appear that one, JulieP, has reemerged from Internet darkness. There were times today when I almost broke into tears as friends of mine got emails from Julie and I didn't! Oh, tears. :-)

In other meta-news (defined as bloggable items that arise from previous blog entries): Someone nicknamed "bee" has mysteriously appeared in the comments. I would like to say that I have honestly no idea who this "bee" is. Dan used his expert "ninja" skills to try to ascertain the true identity of "bee". However, Dan has failed and I with him. So, if you have any insight into who this may "bee", please let me know.

Finally, I would like to regale you decent readers with more tales from the kitchen. I am sure that one, or all, of you have dined at a Chipotle, Moe's, Zazus type restuarant. I always love these places but they slather their creations with Sour Cream. Don't get me wrong, I love Sour Cream. However, the amounts they use actually disgust me. To their credit, they do not use a caulking gun to dispense such cream (like Taco Bell).

But I digress. I decided to try my hand at something like this. So, I purchased the ingredients and set to work. The beans were the most interesting part. I put some diced onions, garlic, diced green pepper, extra VIRGIN olive oil and the beans in a sautee and let them COOK! Added some Uncle Ben's white rice and grilled chicken into the mix and I was good to go. As for a tortilla, I bought the biggest one possible. By this metric, I ended up purchasing some stupid low-carb shells. This turned out to be a mistake. Whatever they do to low carbify them makes the tortillas stringy and elastic. I needed a very sharp knife to cut through the shell. I also had great intentions of adding some salsa, but simply forgot. The beans, peppers, onions etc did provide enough sauce to keep me going.

Overall, I would say it was another resounding success. If you want to try this sometime, let me know. I'd love to have people over.

I am off to the 'teet to purchase fluids -- gatorade and Fruit20.

Keep me posted!

No comments: