Sunday, June 12, 2005

Chef Will

Some say it couldn't be done. Well, I went ahead and did it.

In the face of a long summer with very few friends nearby to hang out with, I decided that I needed another hobby. When you train for athletic events, it is almost more important to eat well than it is to do the workouts. Almost, almost. So, I decided to try my hand at cooking.

I have previously documented my escapades with stir fry and with a grilled veggie, chicken, spinach salad. Today I was trolling the cooking sites and saw "calzone". So, I decided to give it a try. The only hurdle was that I have no idea how to make dough. But, I found a nice recipe for whole wheat dough. I bought the ingredients and I was off.

After one false start (just blindly mashing all the ingredients together at the start), I pulled it off. The kneading process was slightly messier than I had imagined. But, it worked out well enough. Not only did it end up tasting great, it also looked great. To prove that it looked good, I have included some pictures!




I think that the next time I make this dish, I will add more tomato sauce inside the calzone. Also, I'll put a little more cheese. Come to think of it, I should probably make a little more chicken.

You wanna suggest a dish for me to try? Pop it into the comments!

No comments: