Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Slow Day

Well, today was a slow news day for me. So, I don't have much to say of substance.

It was a lively distraction, however, to make the lunch time trip to Bodos on the Corner. This Bodos location has become the subject of folklore here at the University of Virginia. The "Coming Soon" signs were posted on the store front 10 years ago. As time passed, the joke became, "Will so-and-so get his PhD before Bodos opens?"

But, last week, the wait was over and Bodos on the Corner was open for business. The Cavalier Daily, the paper of record at the University of Virginia, reported that the owner had overcome personal, monetary and motivational problems to open this location. If you are interested, the article can be found here. It is worth the read.

Bodos specializes in sandwich bagels and, as you all know, I love a great bagel sandwich. They also make a mean Caesar Salad. The perfect storm of lunch restuarants! I picked up a whole wheat bagel with lettuce, tomato, turkey and mustard. The only downside: SPICY mustard. Ugh.

Otherwise, things were pretty normal today. I made the daily trip to Panera and said hello to all my friends. For some reason, they know my name and my order! Who would have thought that spending hours in Panera every day for almost two weeks would get you noticed?

No comments: