Thursday, June 16, 2005

More Wifi Insanity

Hello again.

I just had to pass this on: http://www.metrofreefi.com. This site lists all of the confirmed, free WiFi access points across the country. Of course, it is entirely community operated, so your mileage may vary. But, for those who are going between cities and need quick, cheap wireless access, this site seams like the place to be.

I also happened upon this article at the NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/13/technology/13wifi.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1118930667-7Z2OvphR49V35BGpFRFWEA
It would appear that people are getting tired of people freeloading of their WiFi and taking away seats from actual, paying customers! How rude. More interesting, however, is the mention about a researcher at Berkeley who just got his Masters doing research similar to what I have started to study. Those Berkeley bastards are always stealing my ideas. (Sorry, the alliterative desire was too strong to censor myself!)

I guess that is all for now. I will post more tonight about the insanity that is air conditioning installation.

No comments: