Tuesday, July 05, 2005

MS 150 Ride

This is a programming note for all you loyal readers.

This weekend I will be riding in the Kroger Brand MS 150. This is the second year that I will be taking part. The ride is a tour through Southwest Ohio. All the riders get donations from family, friends, coworkers etc to encourage their training and racing and these donations are given to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

For the second year in a row, my major sponsor will be the Convergys corporation. They obviously realize a good cause when they see one and love to do their part to give back to the community. I have also pledged money to myself for this great cause.

Now, it can be your turn. According to the National MS Society website, almost 2.5 million people suffer from the disease worldwide. The disease affects the central nervous system. Fatty, scar tissue builds up around the nerves and inhibits their ability to transmit electrical impulses.

Would you like to support me this weekend? I've made it very easy for you to do so! This web site, provided by the National MS Society, allows you to make a donation securely using a credit card.

Thanks!

No comments: