Sunday, July 17, 2005

Wedding Crashers Review

We got the posse together and saw Wedding Crashers last night. Given the cast and the premise, I had high hopes.

I was not disappointed. Vince Vaughn straps the movie on his back and carries it. His character is almost exactly like every other character he has ever played: fast talking, quick witted, charming and absolutely hysterical. When you have a winning pony, why ride a horse?

The movie featured three (3) tear-jerker moments. These aren't sentimental or sad tears. Oh no, these were tears of laughter.

As I like to say, the plot tended to interfere with the movie. There were several unfortunate minutes of actual character development and storyline.

There is a surprise cameo near the end of the movie. I won't ruin the surprise, but I have very strong, negative feelings for this actor. His role, which lasted for a matter of minutes, was almost enough to destroy the movie. This performer's negative vibe was countered by a surprisingly funny performance by Christopher Walken. So, it all worked out!

I'm giving it an A. I'll be seeing it again this week!

Did you see it? Tell me what you thought! Use the comments or email realwasteoftime@gmail.com.

No comments: